Enjoy an active lifestyle in Vancouver.
Beaches, parks, and pools are just some of the facilities you can enjoy during your stay in Vancouver. Our city also offers tennis and basketball courts, skateboard parks, and golf courses. Here are some of your options that are close to the Sunset Inn & Suites.
- Kitsilano Beach Park, 1499 Arbutus Street at Cornwall Avenue
- Coopers Park, 1020 Marinaside Crescent at Nelson Street
- David Lam Park, 1300 Pacific Boulevard at Drake Street
- King George Secondary School, corner of Denman and Barclay
BEACHES (Suitable for swimming)
- Sunset Beach – Three blocks south of the hotel (at the bottom of Thurlow Street)
- English Bay – At the end of Burnaby Street
- Second Beach and Third Beach – In and around Stanley Park near English Bay
- Kitsilano Beach – Across the Burrard Street Bridge towards Cornwall Avenue
- Fraserview, 7800 Vivian Drive 604-257-6921
- Langara, 6706 Alberta Street 604-713-1816
- McCleery, 7188 MacDonald Street 604-257-8191
- University Golf Course, 5185 University Boulevard 604-224-7799
- Pitch & Putt, Par 3 and Putting Greens
- Stanley Park 604-681-8847
- Queen Elizabeth Park 604-874-8336
- Sunset Beach (where we got our name from) Three blocks south of the Sunset Inn
- Stanley Park, West of Downtown. Main entrance to Stanley Park off of Georgia Street
- Nelson Park/Lord Roberts Annex/Playground Two blocks north of the Sunset Inn
- Vanier Park / Kits Beach, includes HR MacMillan Space Centre and Vancouver Maritime Museum
INDOOR POOLS / RECREATION CENTRES
Vancouver Aquatic Centre, 1050 Beach Avenue 604-665-3424
Three blocks from the Sunset, this facility offers a fitness centre and a 50-metre indoor pool. Features include: diving board, three diving towers, rope swing, slide, sauna and whirlpool. Facilities are also wheelchair accessible.
Aquatic Centre at Hillcrest Park, 4575 Clancy Loranger Way 604-257-8680
The former 2010 Olympic Centre for curling offers indoor and outdoor facilities including a fitness centre. The indoor 50-metre pool includes: diving board, slide, sauna, steam room and hot pool, plus an aquatic pool lift and ramp access as well as wheelchair accessible. The outdoor pool is open mid-May to late September.
OUTDOOR POOLS (Summer Only)
Second Beach Pool, Stanley Park (Park Drive & North Lagoon Drive) 604-257-8371
The 80-metre heated, outdoor pool is open from Victoria Day (May) to Labour Day It offers a 50-metre section for length swimming. Facilities include: Cafe, slide and wheelchair accessible.
Kits Pool, 2305 Cornwall Avenue 604-731-0011
The 137-metre salt water, outdoor pool located along the beach in the Kitsilano neighbourhood. Open from Victoria Day (mid-May) to mid-September. Facilities include: Cafe, slide and wheelchair accessible. (newly renovated in 2018)
Cooper’s Park, North False Creek, underneath the Cambie Street Bridge
Two skate benches, grind rail and other features have been added to make the park more skate-friendly, separate from the children’s playground.
Downtown Skateboard Plaza, Quebec and Union Streets, underneath the West Georgia Street & Dunsmuir Street viaducts near the southeast corner of Andy Livingstone Park.
This street-style skateboard park is one of the first of its kind in North America. Located on a city right-of-way, this covered 2400 m² (26,000 ft²) site features replica rails, embankments, curbs, walls, ramps, steps and open spaces along with a variety of textures and surfaces such as exposed aggregate, brick, concrete, granite and steel.
- Stanley Park, 2000 West Georgia Street.
- Kitsilano Beach Park, 1499 Arbutus Street at Cornwall Avenue.
- King George Secondary School, on the corner of Denman and Barclay Streets.
- David Lam Park, 1300 Pacific Boulevard at Drake Street.
OUTDOOR VOLLEYBALL COURTS (Summer Only)
- Sunset Beach
- English Bay
- Kitsilano Beach
- Locarno Beach
- Spanish Banks
- Urban Beach, 900 Evans Avenue (East of the Pacific Central Station)