How to Reach the Best Hotel Near Vancouver Airport
Getting from the Airport to Downtown
Getting from the airport to downtown is simple. Your reservation at Sunset Inn means you picked the best hotel near Vancouver Airport. Choose from your options below and look forward to a comfortable Vancouver vacation.
Take the Canada Line Skytrain subway system from airport (station right outside of both international and domestic terminal) to access Yaletown Roundhouse Station.
Yaletown Roundhouse Station
- Transfer to the #6 Davie Bus on Davie Street.
- Exit at Thurlow Street (in front of Shoppers Drug Mart) (10-15 minutes)
- Walk one block south down Thurlow Street (is a one way so follow traffic). Turn right on Burnaby Street.
- Sunset Inn & Suites is the 2nd building on the right.
Cost is $9 per person from the airport ($4.00 + $5.00 airport fee from airport) with a $4 return to the airport.
Additionally, you can take a 10-15 minute walk to our hotel from the station up hill or take a $5-10 taxi ride.
There are a number of car rental companies available at the Vancouver Airport. Driving takes about 30 minutes from the airport to the hotel. For more information, refer to the airport’s car rental page.
A door to door trip will take about 30 minutes and cost is $35.00 flat rate including tip for a party of up to four people. For more information, visit the airport’s taxi page.
Limo service from the airport fits up to eight people and costs approximately $45-80, plus tax.
Curbside walk out service at the airport exclusive to Aerocar Service. Aerocar Service vehicles are located just outside of the arrivals level of both the Domestic and International Terminal building. Once you have received your luggage, please follow the signs to the ground transportation area located conveniently outside of the building, where our vehicles await. There is no reservation required for this service.
For more information, visit the airport’s limo page.
- Upon leaving the terminal, you will find yourself on Grant McConachie Way.
- Travel over the Arthur Laing Bridge.
- Stay in the far right lane at the end of the bridge onto Granville Street.
- Continue on Granville Street.
- After traveling over the Granville St. Bridge into downtown Vancouver, take the second left at Davie Street.
- Go four blocks up Davie and turn left onto Thurlow Street.
- Then take the first right at Burnaby Street.
- The second building from the corner on the right is Sunset Inn & Suites.