Dear Valued Guest,
While B.C. and Canada continue to be safe travel destinations, COVID-19 is top of mind for us, just as it is for our guests and staff members.
We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene at the Sunset Inn & Suites. In response to the coronavirus, our staff are taking extra measures throughout the day to clean and disinfect guest rooms and public areas at the hotel. We have also taken additional steps in keeping with guidelines from global and local public health authorities.
As an all-suite hotel, our accommodations provide you the space you need to unwind, with a full kitchen to cook your meals, and numerous grocery stores nearby that offer delivery service. Also just around the corner are plenty of takeout restaurants where you can pick up food orders or arrange to have these delivered to your suite. All of our suites have a private balcony, giving you a chance to get some fresh air.
What we’re doing more often:
- Our staff receive regular briefings on the latest protocols for cleaning and safety.
- Housekeeping is cleaning and disinfecting all areas of your suite prior to your arrival and as needed during your stay, using cleaning supplies from Ecolab, an international leader in hygiene.
- We have suspended housekeeping services during guest stays, to ensure that you are the only person who enters your suite while you’re with us. Of course, at your request, we’re happy to change linens or bring you extra towels, coffee filters, and other items.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning all public areas, using safe, hospital-grade disinfectants.
- We are cleaning and disinfecting all areas in the lobby throughout the day, including countertops, pens and credit card machines.
- Public touchpoints including handrails, elevator buttons and door handles are cleaned and disinfected continuously.
- We have suspended our breakfast buffet service. Breakfast is available using our breakfast order form. Bring a completed form to our breakfast attendant, who will get the breakfast you have requested, for you to take back to your room. Or ask for a breakfast grab bag, if you prefer.
- We have a box at the front desk for you to deposit room keys at check out.
- Staff members who feel unwell or have symptoms of illness are staying home.
In the Lobby:
- We have increased the availability of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
- There is a sanitizer disinfectant unit (no touch) by the front door and in the lobby washroom.
- There are also two pump sanitizer disinfectant bottles at the front desk.
Our Cancellation Policy:
We know that our guests might need extra flexibility as they make travel plans at this time. We have revised our reservation policy, to allow you to make travel plans with greater comfort and ease.
For guests who make new or have an existing reservation for any arrival date through July 1, 2020, including reservations made using our more restrictive pre-paid rates, we will allow you to change or cancel your reservation at no charge up till the day before your scheduled arrival date (i.e. with 24 hours’ notice). Please note that changes you request to your arrival date will be subject to availability and any applicable rate differences.
Guests who have booked their stay with online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals should contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
The safety and security of our guests and team members will always be our highest priority. We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure your safety as the situation around COVID-19 evolves.
We are grateful for your business and loyalty. We will do everything we can to help you make the most of your visit to Vancouver and your stay with us. Please call upon me personally or any member of our staff at any time if we can be of service.
I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel.
General Manager, Sunset Inn & Suites