Long winter nights. Rainy nights. Shorter days.
Why come to Vancouver in January and/or February?
We venture to guess that those are the most likely the longest and toughest months of the year to get through but we’ve got you covered with lots of local events that will be sure to keep you busy. You don’t need to think about what you couldn’t be doing but what you could be doing.
Are you an avid outdoorsy type-of person? Maybe some night skiing or snowshoeing on some of the local mountains, like Mount Seymour or even Grouse Mountain. Maybe an adventure up to Whistler-Blackcomb to take in some of the winter festivals? Did we mention that there is some night skiing available on some of our local mountains? Maybe if you’re the adventurous type, you can try out some heli-skiing up and around Whistler too. That sounds like a world of fun and not to mention adventure. Winter nights are meant to be a world of fun no matter where you are or what you’re doing or even where you’re going.
As long as the winter nights in Vancouver can be; there is no shortage of activities, events or even places to go and things to do. Why not check out some of our ideas:
- Watch a Vancouver Canucks game at Rogers Arena
- The “Peak of Christmas” at Grouse Mountain
- A Snow-Limo tour (can’t say we’ve heard of this one before but it sounds like fun!)
- Go sledding, snowshoeing, tobogganing or tubing at Mount Seymour
- Zipline through the snow at Grouse Mountain or Whistler
- Experience a winter wonderland sleigh ride on Grouse Mountain
- Free ice skating at Robson Square (make sure to bring your own ice skates)
- Canyon Lights at the Capilano Suspension Bridge
- Enjoy all things chocolate at the Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival
- Dine Out Vancouver (stay tuned for a blog on one of Vancouver’s marquee and signature winter events)
Don’t let the rain (or snow) stop you from having fun on these winter nights. And days.
As local Vancouverites, we have come to embrace the rain (and sometimes snow) as a part of who we are. Come and stay with us this winter and perhaps explore some of what our lovely city and surrounding areas have to offer you. We would absolutely love to have you staying with us.
What are you waiting for? Book now!