Clean. Fresh. Improved. New. Updated.
What on earth is the Sunset Inn and Suites talking about? What is all this jargon they speak of? What is going on at that little quaint 50-room and all-suite hotel in the heart of downtown Vancouver’s West End and Davie Village?
Well, where do we start? You – the Guest has “spoken”. We’ve heard you loud and clear. Each and every year the Sunset Inn and Suites, our guests are of parallel and utmost importance to us so when you have something to say, we’re all ears and all eyes!
Each and every year, we strive to be the best hotel in Vancouver and if that involves an “improved” product, we sure as heck hope that you’ll like what you see and what we have to offer you.
We started earlier than usual this year, we commenced our renovation projects in October 2018. We did this to get everything done prior to what we expect to be a very busy cruise ship and tourist season starting in early May.
To give you an idea as to what we’ve improved on and updated, take a quick look at this list:
- All of our rooms have had a fresh coat of paint applied to give them more of that fresh look as well all rooms from floors 2-6 have also have new and updated wallpaper throughout
- We have also added new light fixtures (desk lamps, stand-up lamps, bedside lamps and living room lamps) in all rooms from floors 2-6 including and Two Double Bed Studio Suites from floors 2-11
- Brand new custom designed sofa beds have also been added in all of our Executive and Large King Suites
- We have also rebuilt our sofas in standard rooms so you will have great and not to mention comfortable seating in the living rooms
- Started the re-brand our hotel lobby with new furniture including a new air-conditioning unit to enhance the guest experience
- Early January, we converted five more of our rooms – From a King Studio Suite to a Studio Suite with Two Double Beds, so now have 10 rooms with two actual double-sized beds
- Also in all of these rooms, we have also placed new top of the line mattresses. So if you have a hard time waking up in the morning because of how comfy our mattresses are, we won’t blame you for asking for a late check-out. We have stuck with the Four Seasons Enlighten Series by Spring Air (certified to be allergy-friendly as well as asthma-friendly). Why mess with something that we’ve been so happy especially with all the compliments from our guests, and we know that you will be too
- In all of these rooms, we have added new 42” LG LED wall mounted TVs for your viewing enjoyment with expanded HD TV channel selection and BluRay DVD Player
- We have also been working on a “hidden” project that you won’t see. 40 out of our 50 luxurious Suites have been re-piped with brand new hot and cold water lines to enhance and increase water pressure in all of our rooms
- Currently from mid to end of May, we are also in the process of replacing all of our door locks to make use of an RFID system so you won’t have to worry about coming down to have your room keys reprogrammed. Then again, you can always come down to say “hi!” to all of us, just for the fun of it
- One final project that you might notice upon your arrival to stay with us will be that we will have new signage and then some new photos showcasing almost all of these new and improved ideas, once completed sometime by end of May 2019
As you can tell, we have done a lot this year to make your stay with us a lot more enjoyable. Who knows what next year will bring but we’re excited about the ideas and suggestions that you, the Guest bring to us to make your stay all that more fun and comfortable.
What isn’t seen yet are your suggestions in this round of updates and upgrades, but don’t worry we just might have it planned for next year. Now is the time to start planning for next year’s possible changes.
We hope that you will come and visit us with us soon so that we may continue to be your “home away from home” while you stay in Vancouver.