Vancouver is a great destination for family travel. There are numerous attractions for members of your whole family, from young children to fun-loving adults.
When you want to entertain the entire family, head to Stanley Park, just north of the West End. It’s a huge city park that combines a natural rainforest with many individual attractions. There’s so much to do here you can easily spend an entire day exploring it all.
What can your family do in Stanley Park? In addition to enjoying the scenic trails and picturesque five-mile-long Seawall, you can:
- Cool down at the Variety Kids Water Park splash pad
- Swim at the heated Second Beach pool – or on the beach
- Play on the four fun children’s playgrounds
- Play tennis or miniature golf
- Ride the Stanley Park Railway
- Explore the First Nation totems and other landmarks
All these fun activities are open to the public – or you can just take some long walks and enjoy the park’s natural beauty.
While you’re in Stanley Park, take time to visit the Vancouver Aquarium. The aquarium is host to more than 50,000 sea creatures. You can explore on your own or enjoy the numerous nature shows scheduled throughout the day.
The 30 fun and educational exhibits include:
- Amazon Gallery
- Dolphin Habitat
- Penguin Point
- Research Outpost (walruses, sea lions, and fur seals)
- Sea Otter Exhibit
- The Tropics
Sunset Beach is within walking distance of Sunset Inn & Suites. It’s part of the Stanley Park Seawall system, a quiet and less populated beach in the downtown Vancouver area. It features all sorts of fun activities, including:
- Concession stands
- Access to the False Creek Ferry pier
Right next to the beach is the Vancouver Aquatic Centre, an indoor pool with beautiful natural lighting. If your kids like swimming, this is the place to go.
H.R. MacMillan Space Centre
If you or your little ones are interested in space and space flight, visit the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. This is a non-profit resource that lets visitors of all ages experience the magnificence of the universe.
Popular attractions at the Space Centre include:
- Planetarium Star Theatre with multi-media astronomy shows
- GroundStation Canada Theatre with live demonstrations about rocket science
- Cosmic Courtyard, with tons of space-related games and exhibits
- Gordon Southam Observatory, for observing the wonders of the night sky
For a different experience, take the family to Canada Place. This area was built for the Expo ’86 World’s Fair and is now home to Vancouver’s Convention Centre and other fun attractions.
Canada Place is perhaps best known for its unique architecture, in the form of a giant sailing ship. While there, you can:
- Take a walk along the promenade
- Enjoy the inspiring views of the ocean and North Shore Mountains
- Thrill at all the visiting ships at the Cruise Ship Terminal
- Partake of FlyOver Canada, a thrilling flight simulation ride
Make Sunset Inn & Suites Your Home for a Great Family Suites in Vancouver
All the family activities here are within a short walk or drive from Sunset Inn & Suites. We’re a 49-room hotel located in Vancouver’s West End. We offer large rooms, affordable rates, and a friendly staff – everything you need for a perfect family vacation.
Book your room today at Sunset Inn & Suites!