Sunset Inn & Suites FAQs
Find Out More About Our Downtown Vancouver Hotel
- How do I view, change or modify my reservation?
- When is check in/check-out time?
- Do you allow smoking on property? In the rooms?
- How much do you charge for high speed wired or wirless (Wi-Fi) internet access?
- Do you offer high-speed wired and/or wireless (Wi-Fi) internet access?
- Do you have a fitness center? What kind of equipment does it have? What are the hours?
- Do you have a business center?
- Will my suite have a kitchen? Is the kitchen stocked with plates, cutlery, pots and pans?
- Do you have onsite parking? How much is parking? Is it included in my room rate?
- What do you charge for parking if I have more than one vehicle?
- Do you have a pool?
- Do you have a spa? What are the hours?
- Do you offer money exchange?
- Do you allow pets?
- Do you offer child care services?
- I want flowers, chocolates, champagne, gifts sent to the room. How do I do this?
- Can you suggest a sightseeing tour? Will they pick up from the hotel?
- Can I arrange for an HDTV box in a suite that does not include HDTV?
Location / Transportation / Directions
- How do I get to your Downtown Vancouver Hotel?
- How close are you to the Airport, Cruise Sip Terminal, Bus / Train station? Do you offer a shuttle service?
- How close are you to the Cruise Ship Terminal? Do you offer a shuttle service?
- How close are you to the Bus or Train Terminal? Do you offer a shuttle service?
- How do I get to the hotel if I am driving or arriving in Vancouver by bus, train, ferry, plane?
- How do I get to or from Whistler, Victoria or Seattle?
- What are your cross streets?
- How close are you to the downtown core?
- Can we drive, walk, bus, or bike to Stanley Park?
- How far is public transit from the hotel?
- Is your neighborhood safe?
- Is your hotel quiet?
- What amenities, attractions or landmarks are around hotel?
- Will your rooms allow rollways/cribs/playpens /strollers or car seats? Is there a charge for this?
- I booked on a website other than the hotel website and I need to make a change to my reservation. How do I do this?
- What is the minimum age requirement to check in to a room at Sunset Inn & Suites?
- What is your cancellation/deposit policy?
- Do you have an early departure fee?
- Is my ID/passport required at check in? Is a credit card required to check in?
- What type of payment is required at check in?
- What age children stay free?
- Do you have connecting rooms?
- Can you accommodate long-term stays?
- Can we have a room on a high floor and/or a specific view?
- Do you offer special group rates?
- What are the hours of the restaurant/bar/lounge?
- Do you offer room service? What are the hours?
- Is breakfast included in my room rate?
Frequently Asked Questions
A: Use this link to view, modify, or cancel your reservation or call directly.
A: Check in time is 4 p.m., check-out is 11 a.m. If you will be arriving before 4 p.m., please let us know know and we will endeavor to have your room ready earlier, if possible. If your room is not quite ready when you arrive, we can always store your bags park your vehicle.
A: Our downtown Vancouver hotel is completely non-smoking. A $200 cleaning fee (up to a maximum of $200) is applied to suites that have been smoked in. Smoking is permitted on the private balcony in your suite, provided that the balcony door is kept closed. Please ensure that no smoke gets into the suite at any time.
A: High-speed wired and wireless(Wi-Fi) Internet access is complimentary.
A: Complimentary hard wired and wireless (Wi-Fi) is available in each suite as well as the hotel’s lobby.
A: Our 24-hour fitness centre located off our lobby. This small facility includes an elliptical machine, treadmill, stationary bike, a yoga ball and some free-weights.
A: There is a computer that can be used to print boarding passes or to check emails available for guest use at the front desk. Copy and fax services are also provided at the front desk. There may be a charge associated with copy and fax services.
Q: Will my suite have a kitchen? Is the kitchen stocked with plates, cutlery, pots and pans in the Room?
A: All suites have a full kitchen, equipped with items you might need. If you need an item that is not in your kitchen, please ask the front desk and we will be happy to assist.
A: Sunset Inn & Suites is one of the few downtown hotels to offer complimentary gated parking for a vehicle, for as long as you stay at the hotel.
A: Additional vehicles (in excess of one per room) are charged $25.00+ HST a night, per extra vehicle (subject to availability).
A: We don’t have a pool on-site. There is an excellent pool at the Vancouver Aquatic Center (a short 3 block walk) is that can be used for a drop in fee.
A: We do not have a spa onsite, but will be happy to make arrangements for you. Please contact the concierge for assistance with spa services.
A: The front desk can exchange U.S. currency to Canadian Dollars, at the hotel's posted rate. Canadian money can also be changed into smaller denominations or coins as needed.
A: We're sorry that no pets are permitted inside the building.
A: We use Nannies on Call: (604) 734-1776 www.nanniesoncall.com
A: We will be happy to assist. Please contact the concierge.
A: Please contact the concierge for assistance with these services.
A: HDTV boxes for other suites can be rented by monthly guests only, at a charge of $25 plus tax per month, per box.
A: Please see our Maps & Directions page. We have provided directions to our hotel in downtown Vancouver for your convenience.
A: We do not offer a complimentary shuttle service to or from the airport.
Ways to get to/from Vancouver International Airport (YVR):
1. Canada Line (Vancouver’s new subway line) from the airport to Yaletown Station (27minutes), then transfer to the C23 bus (25 minutes) and walk one block to the hotel – the cost is $8.75 per person from the airport, and $3.75 per person to the airport.
2. Shuttle van – Drop-off / Pickup is one block away at the Sandman Suites on Davie. Cost per person is $15.75.
3. Taxi- door to door (30min) will cost approximately $30-35 for up to four people. A maximum of four passengers are allowed in taxis.
4. Limo- door to door (30min). The cost is approximately $45-55 plus tax, for up to 6 people.
A: We are approximately 2.5 kilometers from the Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal and 2 kilometers from Ballanyne Pier Terminal. We do not offer shuttle service.
Ways to get to/from:
1. Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal - Taxi is a 15-20 minute drive at a cost of approximately $12-20 one way, door to door for up to 4 people.
2. Limos are available at an approximate cost of $45-55.
3. Ballantyne Pier Terminal. Taxi is a 20-30 minute drive at a cost of approximately $25-30 one way, door to door for up to 4 people
4. Limos are available at an approximate cost of $55-75.
A: We are approximately 4 km from the train terminal. We do not offer shuttle service.
Ways to get to/from The Bus/Train Terminal:
1. Taxi is a 10-15 minute drive. The cost for up to 4 passengers is approximately $10-20 one way, door to door .
2. Limos are available at an approximate cost of $45-55
Q: How do I get to Sunset Inn & Suites if I am driving or arriving in Vancouver by bus, train, ferry or plane?
A: Please see our Maps & Directions page.
Driving Time to our downtown Vancouver Hotel:
From Vancouver International Airport – 30 minutes
From BC Ferries Tsawwassen Terminal – 1 hour
From BC Ferries Horseshoe Bay Terminal – 40 minutes
From Peace Arc Border Crossing- 1-2 hours (depending on time of day and tunnel back-ups. Please check with us for anticipated back-up times)
A: Please see our Maps & Directions page.
* BC Ferry System
* Greater Vancouver Transit
* Bus line to/from Victoria
* Greyhound bus to/from Whistler/Nanaimo
* Amtrak train to/from Seattle
* Helicopter to/from Victoria/Seattle/ Whistler
* Float plane to/from Victoria
* Quick Shuttle Bus to/from Seattle Airport
A: We are located on Burnaby Street, with the cross street being Thurlow Street. Sunset Inn & Suites is one block south of Davie Street and one block west of Burrard Street.
A: We are in downtown Vancouver, one block from shops and restaurants on Davie Street and a ten minute walk to Vancouver’s renowned Robson Street shopping district.
A: Yes, you can walk, or bus (#19 to inside the Park or #6 to Stanley Park’s entrance. Bike rentals are also available on Davie Street.
A: The bus stop is in the next block. We are close to both Skytrain and the Canada Line subway system.
A: It is considered very safe. People are out 24 hrs, with many neighborhood restaurants, grocery stores and even a large drug store (pharmacy) open 24 hours . We tell our guests that we never feel unsafe walking in this neighborhood at any hour of the day or night.
A: Relatively quiet, as we are off the main street -- though there is still some noise occasionally in the back alley. Our higher floor executive rooms are generally quieter.
A: Please see our top 10 attractions page.
A: All of our rooms (except for Studio Suites) can accommodate rollway beds, cribs and playpens. Rollaway beds are available at a charge of $10 per night plus tax. Cribs and playpens are provided complimentary, subject to availability.
If you need to rent a stroller or car seat during your stay, we suggest Wee Travel Baby Equipment Rentals 604.222.4722.
Q: I booked on a website other than the hotel website and I need to make a change to my reservation. How do I do this?
A: Please contact the website where you made your reservation.
A: Guests must be 19 or older to book or check-in.
A: If a reservation for under 29 nights is cancelled or changed within 48 hours (two days) of your scheduled arrival date, you will be charged for one night's stay (plus applicable taxes). There is no charge if you cancel your reservation more than two days (48 hours) in advance of your scheduled arrival date, if your reservation was for a stay of under 29 nights.
If a reservation of 29 or more nights is cancelled or changed within seven days of your scheduled arrival date, you will be charged for a seven nights stay (plus applicable taxes). There is no charge if you cancel your reservation more than seven days in advance of your scheduled arrival date, if your reservation was for a stay of 29 nights or more.
Q: Do you have an early departure fee, for guests who checking out before their scheduled departure date?
A: Our early departure fee is the same as our cancellation policy (see above).
A: Yes, we do require a government issued photo ID at the time of check in for all reservations, along with a valid major credit card.
A: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Diners, or Discover Card – (along with a government-issued picture ID). Full payment for your stay will be pre-authorized on the credit card at the time of check in.. Payment will be completed at check out.
A: Children ages 9 and under stay for free when accompanying an adult (and using the existing beds in the suite –i.e. not requiring a rollaway or other arrangements).
A: Our suites do not have any inner adjoining doors. We have five suites on each floor – one Studio Suite, three One Bedroom Suites and One Large One Bedroom Suite. We will endeavor to accommodate requests by guests who wish to occupy suites on the same floor, but cannot guarantee this will be arranged.
A: The suites in our downtown Vancouver hotel are ideal for long term stays. The hotel was originally built as an apartment building. We offer daily, weekly and even monthly rates year round, subject to availability. Please see www.sunsetinn.com/extended.php for more information.
A: We do not guarantee specific rooms or views; however, we do try our best to accommodate requests, subject to availability. For better views or rooms on a higher floor, please reserve an executive suite. The Executive Large One Bedroom Suites are our only suites that offer both views as well as quiet "residential street facing windows" in both the bedroom and living room.
A: Please see our www.sunsetinn.com/group.php page.
A: We do not have a restaurant or lounge on site. There is a large selection of excellent restaurants, bars and coffee shops in the next block (many of which offer late hours). Please check with the front desk for our recommendations.
A: We do not have a restaurant on site. There are many restaurants in our neighborhood that offer take out or delivery service. Please ask the front desk for a selection of local menus.
A: ••Continental breakfast 7-10am every day of the week, with a waffle station setup 8am – 10am ( also including Gluten Free Chex Rice Cereal & Gluten Free Whote Grain Bread)
Breakfast items include a selection of Van Houtte Coffee and Tea, Croissants, Breads, Whole Wheat Bagels, Mini Bagels, Cereals, Cookies, Apples, Oranges, Jams, Butter, Cream Cheese & Peanut Butter., and waffles, Gluten Free Chex Rice Cereal & Gluten Free Whote Grain Bread
Optional items such as Bananas or Pears may also be included in breakfast.
We ask guests to load their breakfast selection on trays and enjoy breakfast in your suite, where items such as toaster, plates, and knives can be found in your kitchen.
A: Our front desk staff will be happy to assist with all billing questions.
A: All charges on our site are in Canadian dollars. When making room reservation, you can change Canadian currency to other choices on https://gc.synxis.com/rez.aspx?Hotel=15676&Chain=6633&template=Flex&shell=Flex; Please note that exchange rates may fluctuate and the amount you pay will be based on the exchange rate at time you check out of the hotel.