So let us point you in the right direction as to where you can celebrate with our Celtic Cousins National Day.
On March 1st and other dates during the month, there will be various events happening, so if you are looking to hear a traditional Male Voice Choir sing or other events with a Welsh flair, you can check them out here….
1) St. David’s United Church, 1525 Taylor Way, this is located in West Vancouver. March 24th Tickets are $12 per adult or $20 per family. Concert starts at 7:30pm.
2) Ryerson United Church, 2195 West 45th St, Vancouver. Mar 9, 2012 at 8:00 pm
3) March 1st with The Vancouver Welsh Society @ The Cambrian Hall, 215 E 17th Ave, the society is having an ‘open house’.
4)March 3rd, also with The VWS @ The Cambrian Hall…an annual St. David’s Day Dinner will be held in the Cambrian Hall. Doors will open at 6 pm and dinner will be served at 7 pm, with traditional Welsh Leak Soup as a starter.
For all the Irish fans out there. The best Irish pubs in the city are as follows….
1) The Irish Heather and The Blarney Stone (both in Gastown)
2) Johnny Foxes Snug, Doolins Irish Bar, Ceilies and Morriseys (all located along Granville Street).
There will also be a large St Patricks Day Parade on Sunday March 18th, in its 8th year running and kicking off at 11am, this parade will follow the same route as last year, beginning at Howe St and Drake St, proceeding north along Howe St and Georgia St and finally ending at Georgia St and Granville Street St.